Welcome to the Clyst St George Parish Council, covering Clyst St George and Ebford.
Clyst St George
The most southerly of six parishes named after the River Clyst, part of East Devon District Council and Devon County Council. Being close to Exeter, yet in the Countryside it is an attractive place to live, just minutes from theM5, A30, and Exeter airport, with rail links from Topsham and Exeter. Dart’s Farm shop is in the parish and has won many awards.
Clyst St. George village
The church, dedicated to St George, with a list of Rectors from 1230, It was gutted by fire in an air raid in 1940, rebuilt and re-dedicated in 1952. The Lady Seaward Primary School was endowed by Lady Hannah Seaward in 1705 and rebuilt in 1859. Still in use, it is an excellent C of E primary school with a preschool adjacent; known as Little Dragons. The Parish Hall is cosy and run by independent Trustees on behalf of the community. There is a very successful Cricket Club, with a youth training programme.
Has no facilities but has more houses than Clyst St. George village. It has a number of notable houses, including Ebford Manor which was constructed c1710 for Robert Venn a wealthy wool merchant from Topsham. There is also a small community on the West side of the Clyst; Clyst Road / Sandy Gate close to the Exeter Chiefs Rugby ground which is part of the Parish.